The DU of the Sorbonne Paris Nord University started in 2017. In 2019, it became a “Gateway Diploma” (DU Passerelle) thanks to an accreditation delivered by the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation. This diploma is subsidized by the following institutions :
The “Espace Langues” also holds the “Qualité FLE” label and works in close collaboration with France Éducation international :
- Migrant students (refugees, asylum seekers, beneficiaries of subsidiary protection, displaced from Ukraine) who wish to start or resume higher education in France
- Students who have basic French (level A1)
- Students who hold (at least) a high school diploma equivalent to the French baccalaureate
- Early October to mid-May
- 5 half-days (afternoon) of French lessons per week
- Before or after the lessons: sports, culture, library, etc.
- Personal work outside of university courses
- To reach the A2 level at the end of December and the B1 level at the end of May 2021
- To prepare for higher education
- To take the DELF exam in May at our university
What’s the program?
- 165h of French classes in the first semester and 195h in the second semester (15h/week)
- A 24-hour independent training course on the hybrid’action online platform
- integration activities into university life (44h in the first semester and 40h in the second) :
– Workshops at the University library and at the VOIE service (Careers Office)
– Physical education and sports activities
– Cultural activities
In the second semester, students can also attend (along with the FLE classes) courses in the subjects in which they wish to later apply.
How to apply?
Applications will open since may the 30 until june the 30 2022 on the website E-candidat :
2/ Then, in the “Offre de formation” tab, select “DU Passerelle Étudiants en exil”.
3/ Submit your supporting documents then click on “Transmettre ma candidature”.